Walks and Guided Tours in April

Saturday 30 April 2016

Monte delle Rose and traditional Piantamaggio in Valle del Campiano.

The west side of the Sibillini Mountains overlooking the plain of st. Scholastica with Norcia and the Valle Castoriana from Monte delle Rose which is an interim relief which faces towards the Plain of Castelluccio and the city of san Benedetto where from its 1861 meters above sea level, it enjoys a unique view in all directions. It is accessed from the Forca di Ancarano, along the “Path Benedictine”, which leads to sant’Eutizio and Preci, the area that was the cradle of monasticism. The ring path winds along the Valley Cerasa and that of Patino where it meets the homonymous Cave, once a useful refuge for shepherds, witht the climb to the top made with a deviation from Forca di Giuda, crossing point of the GAS.

In the beautiful Valley of Campiano the evening of April 30 always takes place the ritual of Piantamaggio, heartfelt tradition of Pagan origin linked to the Bacchanalia of Spring. In addition to “sexual meaning” is associated with the mercy seat of the fertility of Nature and therefore bodes well for the crops. It consists in cutting a poplar that you remove the branches and then dragged loses the cortex, at the top you add a cherry branch symbolizing the marriage between trees and finally, we fix the Italian Flag as they did with the Tree of Liberty in 1700. It then proceeds to stage more spectacular is that to raise it with ropes and ladders and then secure it to the ground where it will remain until the following year.

Sanday 17 April 2016

Selva di Gallignano and Mercatino in Rio’ de j Archi of Ancona.

The Selva di Gallignano is located in the hamlet that in the fifteenth century was one of the 25 Castles in defense of the Republic of Ancona and its almost 33 hectares are protected as Floristic Protected Area because it represents one of the last “native forests” of the Relief coastal uncut to obtain surface for agriculture. Part of its extension falls in the Botanical Gardens established by the City in 2000, which is conducted by the Company Agrarian Didactic-Experimental of organic farming and by the Polytechnic University of Marche following the ecological-vegetation criterion. The wood is visited with a path that passes through the sensory journey and lets you see the 5 forest formations that inhabit it.

The origins of Ancona date back to 387 bc when the Greeks of Syracuse stopped in the natural cove of the Adriatic giving it the name of Ankon, ie “elbow”, to indicate the definite exchange exposure of the coast where one day a year you see the Sun rise from the water and fade in. The Port had great development during ‘700 with the work of the architect Luigi Vanvitelli who created the island of Lazzaretto and the “extension” of the pier of emperor Trajan. The area is called the Neighborhood of the Arches in reference to the arcade of via Marconi, which opens to the sea with a long series of arches where the third Sunday of the month there is the Market of modeling and collecting that locally is called Rio’ de j Archi.

Saturday 16 April 2016

Val di Panico and Centro visita del Cervo of Castelsantangelo sul Nera.

The Val di Panico is a glacial valleys of the Sibillini nestling between Pizzo Berro and Monte Bove, it is accessed from Casali di Ussita with the valley floor dotted with sinkholes, recurring feature of these geological sites. You go first passing under the Fosso la Foce, the highest gorge of the Sibillini and one of the largest in the Apennines while on the right stands the imposing “dolomite” wall of Monte Bove nord; advancing towards the head of the valley you are immersed in a gradually more and more silent and lonely to the Forcella della Cervara. The Valley is also the watershed water harvesting that originate just below the Stream Ussita and after being bottled become a tributary of the Nera in Visso.

The National Park of Sibillini has a varied network of museums in its 18 municipalities. In Castelsantangelo sul Nera, in the “History Area”, is the Ecomuseo del Cervo set up at the elementary school, welcomes the visitor the largest herbivore in Europe: a deer with his stage. It offers a reconstruction of the different environments of the Sibillini with models and dioramas very realistic along with a photographic documentation and a multimedia station. The Museum has an outdoor section consists of 29 hectares of the Wildlife Center at short distance from the village, it is a fenced area where the deer are bred in order to reintroduce them in the Park. Since its establishment in 2005, the first couples have begun to reproduce.

Paesaggi d’Acqua 8: from Gualdo to Salino and House Museum Osvaldo Licini of Monte Vidon Corrado

Paesaggi d’Acqua is the project trails between the towns of Gualdo, Penna san Giovanni and sant’Angelo in Pontano that develops more than 50 km between the valleys of Salino and Tennacola. The theme that “binds and unites” the entire network of trails is obviously the water from the Salino, which the salt ponds in use in Roman times, to the one that powers the mills of Tennacola to the sulfur of the ditch Patenetta used in the thermal complex of Villa Saline. The network is through the three historic towns and the countryside of the rolling hills of the Macerata area with woods at the top and riparian vegetation along the waterways. The route number 8 is developed from Gualdo to torrent Salino passing for a religious site.

In the land of the straw and hats Monte Vidon Corrado is an ancient thirteenth-century castle where in 1894 was born painter Osvaldo Licini, considered a master of abstract art at the European level by winning in 1958 (the year of his death), the 29th Venice Biennale. He considered his career divided between “Primitivism Fantastic”, “Episodes of war” and “Realism?” realizing Rebel Angels, Flying Dutch and Amalasunte calling them “Amalasunta is our beautiful Luna” inspired by the Queen of the Ostrogoths in the history book of the little girl Catherine who lived with Licini in the country.

CONTACTS:

http://www.pierluigitomassetti.com/

Posted in Walks and Guided Tours.

Leave a Reply